Dr. L . M Darlong
|MBBS||Medicine||Gandhi Medical College, Bhopal|
|M.S.||Surgery||All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India|
|Residency||Thoracic surgery||All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India|
|Fellowship||Thoracic Surgery||Korea Univ Medical Centre, SEOUL, S.KOREA.|
1. 3rd Medgate Today India Health care awards 2013 for "Thoracic surgery & Thoracic Oncology".
2. Top Content of 2013 in Thoracic video: CTSNet Spotlights [Cardiothoracic surgery network] "incision Thoracoscopic decortication for stage 3 organized pleural effusion".
AREA OF EXPERTISE
1. Pioneer in India for minimally invasive repair of pectus deformity / Advanced NUSS surgery.
2. Uniportal Thoracoscopy,
3. Robotic assisted Thoracic surgery [RATS],
4. Chest wall.
5. Tracheal surgery
REVIEWER OF INDEXED JOURNALS
1. Reviewer "Respiratory Care" - The Science Journal of the American Association for Respiratory Care
2. Reviewer "Lung India" – The official journal of the Indian Chest Society
3. Reviewer "Thoracic Cancer" - The official publication of the Chinese Society of Lung Cancer.
4. Reviewer "Pediatric reports".
5. Reviewer "World journal of pediatrics".
6. Reviewer "Interactive cardiovascular and thoracic surgery" the official publication of european association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery.
Dr LM.Darlong is one of the few surgeons dedicated solely to the care of patients with non-cardiac thoracic diseases, and focuses on surgery for diseases of the lungs, trachea, chest wall, esophagus, and mediastinum. He emphasises on minimally invasive chest surgery using Uniportal Thoracoscopy / VATS. Dr Darlong earned his medical degree from Gandhi Medical College, Bhopal, and further pursued Masters in Surgery from the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, and Residency in Thoracic surgery from from the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. He is also a Fellow in Thoracic Surgery from Korea University Medical Centre, Seoul, South Korea. Dr Darlong has also worked as Assistant Professor of Surgery at NEIGRIHMS Shillong and Senior consultant Thoracic surgery at Fortis Hospital Noida. Dr LM.Darlong pioneered advanced Nuss procedure for pectus deformity in India and is the first in the country to perform advanced NUSS procedure using technique of pectoscopy, crane lift and pectus tunneloscopy. Apart from being a dedicated Thoracic surgeon, Dr Darlong is also a diligent medical scholar with publication in various indexed journals and also a reviewer in various national and international journals of repute.